Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ogden Canyon, Utah Wall 5-30-2009

People often ask me why I spend so much time in Ogden Canyon. Click on the picture above or below and I believe the question will be answered. Today 5/30/2009 I headed up the canyon with some friends and new acquaintances, soon to be called friends to go climbing. What else is new, right? Anyway we had an awesome day, sun shinning with just enough cloud cover to keep the temp down. The destination we decided on was Utah Wall. Utah Wall has some great climbing routes, that is if you can manage the approach. I've often heard it stated that the approach is more dangerous then the climbing, it's about 400 yards of nasty loose scree on a 75 degree pitch where rocks are bouncing down to the road. It's a law suite waiting to happen!


Once you arrive at the wall the first thing you notice is the roof that runs about halfway along the wall, this makes for some super exciting climbing. The picture below is my friend Dave setting up an anchor after leading a wondering trad pitch.


Here I am just under the roof.

Josh just after making his way up the thin face 10b?.
Dave looking for a shady place to rest.
Charlie just before making the move onto the thin face.

Another great day in the Canyon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment