Sunday, May 17, 2009

9th Street Wall 9/16/2009

Early Saturday we headed out to go climbing in Ogden canyon to do some multi pitch routes, but did not realize this was the day for the "famed" Ogden marathon. I should have known this due to the fact that one of my climbing buddies could not make the climbing trip today because he was running in the marathon. What was I thinking? So as an alternate plan we decided to head up to the 9th street wall.

This is 9th street wall as you approach from the south west. As you can see it's a nice wall with about 15 established routes. Several of them are really nice quality although short, about 40 feet.
Here I am looking down from near the top, with my friend Josh belaying from a comfortable rock in the shade. It turned out to be a beautiful day, sunny and 75 degrees.

Arriving at the top you have a view of Ogden in the valley below. This is looking north west.
Had another great day in the Utah outdoors. Looks like I'll have to spend next weekend up in the canyon.

2 comments: